For A State of Happiness is on off-season now, but just like with TV series, you can always watch back your favourite episodes.
See below the index of the posts of season 3, 2015-2016.
- 7. Inside Out: our emotions make us who we are. Disney-Pixar’s move shows what happens if Joy and Sadness appear from our regulation of emotions.
- 17. Happiness, it’s not just your genes, stupid. Genes are important, but it’s not only genes that bring happiness. Far from it.
- 28. Seligman, a founding father of positive psychology. A quick look at the achievements of the man who realised that psychology shouldn’t only endavour to take away suffering, but also strengthen well-being.
- 12. The Unhappy States of America. We’ve seen three decades of decline in happiness in the US. Where did the great nation go wrong?
- 27. Realising the Bhutanese dream. My dream trip to the cradle of Gross National Happiness is becoming reality!
- 6. ‘It’s not easy to do the right thing’. GNH’s development is in full swing, and two other things I learnt at the Gross National Happiness conference in Bhutan.
- 15. How is Gross National Happiness measured in Bhutan? Time to make sense of nine domains and 33 indicators…
- 20. GNH: 2015 survey finds 43,4% of Bhutanese are happy. … and of the results in 2015.
- 23. Happiness… at work! Check in for some details on my workshop on happiness at work.
- 2. Does GNH policy work? GNH sounds great, but does it work in practice? It’s not doing too badly in Bhutan, I learn.
- 15. Looking back at my experiences and achievements in 2015. Time to appreciate my learning over 2015.
- 4. Be Simply Happy 2016. No more elaborate schemes of New Year resolutions for me!
- 11. One million migrants and the island of all together. A documentary compellingly shows that refugees aren’t numbers, but people.
- 18. Soon, in a theatre near you… Advertising upcoming talks on Kim Kardashian and Nelson Mandela as models of happiness.
- 25. Keynes dream: how to get to a 15-hour working week by 2030. Is a shorter working week possible?
- 1. A human connection through layers of brown packing tape. My favourite (street) artist brings joy, light and love into my room.
- 22. Bruxelles ma belle. A tribute to Brussels at a day of mourning.
- 29. TEDxBrussels: doing good in the deeper future. TEDxBrussels theme was ‘Deeper Future’. For me, it was also about Doing Good.
- 6. Less is more: a minimalist life. An encounter with a minimalist taught me something about life. That seven pieces of underwear is a bit tight, for instance.
- 12. Too many chiefs, and no Indians: the case for a Junior Happiness Officer. Every self-respecting firm has a Chief Happiness Officer. Where is their team?
- 28. The Good Life: 75 years of research in five words. The longest academic study of happiness shows some simple messages.
- 22. The Pursuit of Happiness: A User’s Guide. Be dedicated, be aware, be curious: my three strategies to pursue happiness.
- 31. Does size matter: higher tax, higher happiness? The answer is yes: there is a correlation between larger states and citizens’ well-being.
- 8. Basic income. Is the utopian dream the road to happiness?
- 14. The Nanny State: repression or happiness? Are people unhappy in states’ with paternalist policies on tobacco and alcohol? I take a look at the mixed evidence.
- 22. The Netherlands’ first step to be a happiness machine. Dutch Prime Minister Rutte claims the state is not a happiness machine. A parliamentary report makes a first step to looking more seriously at well-being.
- 12. Summer, time of darkness. Meik Wiking’s TEDx talk has a strong message. Happiness isn’t everyone’s to share, and for lonely people, other people’s happiness can bring suffering.
- 23. The Social Progress Index: is your region better than its peers? The new SPI digs down to provide well-being data on the regional level.
- 27. A world beyond GDP: are we ready yet? In my concluding post, I explain why GDP is still out there, comfortable on its throne as primary indicator of progress.